RE: Serious security Flaw in Microsoft Internet Explorer - Zone Spoofing

From: j jf (jjfjjf69at_private)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 01:03:41 PDT

    I found a way to overcome this hole for now:

    Mark OFF all 3 options at the IE Local IntRAnet Security Zone
    (Include all local intRAnet, sites, network path UNC).

    Now press the advanced key and define your company DNS network zones,
    You can use wild cards: *.mycompany.com

    I haven’t tested it thoroughly, yet it seems to work and
    http://user%40NONdottedIP
    Is accounted as internet rather than Local IntRAnet.

    Regards,