Re: Cisco Systems - Vulnerability in CDP

From: Damir Rajnovic (gausat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 07:16:10 PDT

    Hello Bob,

    At 11:57 11/10/2001 -0500, Bob Niederman wrote:
    >1) Are swtiches also vulnerable?

    Yes they are. CatOS is vulnerable. The notice on our web site
    should be updated with that information during today.

    >2) the bug ID given does not work.  Please provide the correct one.

    Our people are working on this problem. It seems that there is
    some batch process that was already over when I changed permission
    on that bug. It should work now. If not, send us a mail.

    Cheers,

    Gaus
    Damir Rajnovic <psirtat_private>, PSIRT Incident Manager, Cisco Systems
    <http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/sec_incident_response.shtml>
    Phone: +44 7715 546 033
    4 The Square, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, MIDDLESEX UB11 1BN, GB
    There is no insolvable problems. Question remains: can you
    accept the solution?