Re: Cisco Systems - Vulnerability in CDP

From: Damir Rajnovic (gausat_private)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 02:54:56 PDT

    Hello Bob,

    At 14:04 12/10/2001 -0500, Bob Niederman wrote:
    >Will CDP propagate through a switch port, on which CDP is disabled, to
    >other ports on the switch?

    No. It will not. When you disable it on a port you are safe from
    that particular side.

    >Sorry -- The defect you've requested 'CSCdu09909' - cannot be displayed.

    We are aware of that. Our peope are working to fix that. Anyway, the
    text at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/notices.html
    contains far more information that release note for that bug.

    Cheers,

    Gaus
    Damir Rajnovic <psirtat_private>, PSIRT Incident Manager, Cisco Systems
    <http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/sec_incident_response.shtml>
    Phone: +44 7715 546 033
    4 The Square, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, MIDDLESEX UB11 1BN, GB
    There is no insolvable problems. Question remains: can you
    accept the solution?