Mac OS X setuid root security hole

From: rotaiv (rotaivat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 09:53:13 PDT

    I can't recall if I have seen this on BugTraq so forgive me if this is an
    old issue.

    Try these steps on an OS X machine (not logged in as root)

      - Open up the terminal application
      - Quit the terminal application
      - Open up NetInfo Manager (leave it in the foreground)
      - Open up the Terminal application form the "Recent Items" list in the
    Apple Menu.

    You should now be logged in as root!

    This was passed on to me from the "Macsec mailing list"
    http://www.macsecurity.org/mailman/listinfo/macsec