Mac OS X v10.0.x J2SE v1.3 clipboard tapping vulnerability

From: TAKAGI, Hiromitsu (takagi.hiromitsuat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 18:45:18 PDT

    Java runtime (J2SE) for Mac OS X v10.0.x has a security hole.
    It seems to have been fixed in Mac OS X v10.1.
    http://www.apple.com/support/security/security_updates.html
    > Security updates are listed below according to the software release in
    > which they first appeared:
    > Mac OS X v10.1
    > o system clipboard / J2SE - Fixes a security issue that permitted
    >   unauthorized applets access to the system clipboard.

    However, the patch for Mac OS X 10.0 has not been released.

    Workaround:
    Buy Mac OS X v10.1 or do not use Java applets on Mac OS X v10.0

    A brief history of this issue:

    --
    Hiromitsu Takagi, Ph.D.
    National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology,