Re: Ssdpsrv.exe in WindowsME

From: Mark Watts (m.wattsat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 02:11:30 PDT

    I can confirm that Win ME *can* have this service installed.

    It's part of the Universal Plug and Play feature that is available as one of
    the 'packages' ME allows you to install.  Removing this package (via the
    add/remove programs feature) will remove this service.

    I am unnaware of what makes this service get installed as I have only come
    across it once. A 'regular' installation of ME does NOT install this afaict,
    I believe you have to do a custom install.

    Mark.