Re: IBM AS/400 HTTP Server '/' attack

From: Joe Laffey (joeat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 10:45:20 PST

    On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, 'ken'@FTU wrote:

    >    IBM's HTTP Server on the AS/400 platform is vulnerable to an attack
    > that will show the source code of the page -- such as an .html or .jsp
    > page -- by attaching an '/' to the end of a URL.
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    > http://www.foo.com/getsource.jsp/
    [snip]

    > Since I reported this "non-security" bug so long ago I hope it is fixed
    > through the regular set of changes. I cannot confirm this bug was fixed.
    > As far as I know this vulnerability was not yet reported to the public.

    I can confirm that a server reporting 'IBM-HTTP-Server/1.0' _IS_ vulrable
    to this. I do not know if updates increment that number or not...

    --
    Joe Laffey              |  Want to convert subnet masks between different
    LAFFEY Computer Imaging |  notations, or figure the number of IPs in a block?