Re: MS IE Password inputs

From: Mattie Casper (mattieat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 22:25:52 PST

    Very interesting find, and I can confirm the same thing happens in
    IE6.

    I can reproduce it by placing the cursor at the beginning of a
    password typed-in like "1234 56789 0ABCDE FGHIJK" and then use
    CTRL+RIGHTARROW to move through the asterisks just as if the spaces
    were there. (CTRL+RIGHTARROW in some applications like IE will move
    you to the next 'word' in a textbox.)

    This can come in handy when I typo part of a password and don't want
    to retype it all, but this does have some slight security
    implications.
    -Mattie!

    Mattie Casper
    http://me.mattie.net