Re: SuSE 7.3 : Kernel 2.4.10-4GB Bug

From: Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha (strangeat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 16:04:58 PST

    I've been able to reproduce the results (instant reboot) by running the
    vmlinux as a normal user in a clean Linux 2.4.10 plus ext3,
    on Red Hat Linux system, Pentium 233 MMX processor.

    I coulnd't reproduce the reboot in a Piii 750, kernel 2.4.15-pre2, either
    normal or root user (good SIGSEGV :)).

    It looks like it is a problem within the original kernel, and that it
    has been fixed in later releases...

    Regards
    --
    Luciano Rocha, strangeat_private

    The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not what
    you want.
                    -- D. Cohen