Audiogalaxy again

From: big bon (vulndevat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 08:04:52 PST

    Well I will keep this to the point.
    Nudehackers.com is down so forgive me for sending from my mailing list acct.

    Sometime ago I released a statement about Audiogalaxy keeping usernames and
    passwords in clear text in a file on the users system.  Well, shortly after
    that they fixed it, or so it seemed.  I notified the good people over at
    Audiogalaxy about this months ago and I see nothing has changed. Audiogalaxy
    has started storing username and passwords in cookie.  A sample cookie entry
    looks like this:

    cookieUsername
    USERNAMEHERE
    audiogalaxy.com/
    0
    367281152
    29529638
    3457234544
    29456211
    *
    cookiePassword
    CLEARTEXTPASSHERE
    audiogalaxy.com

      Well the obivous problem is that someone exploiting the recent IE bug and
    stealing cookies could get the cookie and thus have the username and
    password.  Now before the arguement was that nothing destructive could be
    done with this information and my comments didnt all make it to bugtraq.
    Well, here is what someone might do.  Steal the username/password, using
    audiogalaxy software set an mp3 for download that the attacker has wrapped
    with a trjoan, oh say BO2K.  Now, the arguement was that the file would have
    a .mp3 extension and thus bo2k would not work, THIS IS WRONG.  Back orifice
    does not have to have a .exe entension thus whent he victim ran the mp3 to
    enjoy the music they would be infected.

    To conclude this should be fixed.

    Special "shout outs" to michael over at audiogalaxy. :)

    altomo
    Nudehackers.com