RE: NAI Webshield SMTP for WinNT MIME header vuln

From: Alan Monaghan (AlanMat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 12:10:45 PST

    Note: the newest virus (w32/gone.a-mm) is blowing thru the WebShield product
    that runs on NT in front of our email server.
    We have just updated to the newest DAT files from McAfee . 4174.

    It seems to be a continuation of the other problem. Bottom line here, we are
    using GroupShield in conjunction with WebShield and it is set to delete most
    extensions on sight. The only way we saved ourselves from what looks to be a
    very bad outbreak.

    FYI

           Be like water my friend ...
    Alan G. Monaghan