RE: NAI Webshield SMTP for WinNT MIME header vuln

From: Eric Chien (ecchienat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 03:31:45 PST

    I doubt this is due to the MIME header problem.

    W32.Goner.A@mm uses Outlook via MAPI to send it's message.  It doesn't have
    its own SMTP engine and doesn't generate its own MIME headers.  The MIME
    headers should be RFC compliant.

    I'd double check configurations from properly updated DATs to verifying you
    are scanning SCR extensions.

    Good luck,

    ...Eric