New Macromedia Security Zone Bulletins Posted

From: Macromedia Security Alert (newsflashat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 14:50:20 PST

    IMPORTANT:

    Several security issues that may affect Macromedia JRun
    customers have come to our attention recently.

    To learn about these new issues and what actions you can
    take to address them, Please visit the Security Zone at the
    Macromedia/Allaire Web site:

    http://www.allaire.com/security

    Dear Macromedia customer,

    This week we posted the following new Macromedia
    SECURITY BULLETINS:

       *  MBSB01-13: Workaround Addresses IIS 4/5 Web Server Root
            Directory Browse Access

       *  MPSB01-14: Patch Available for Serving JSP
            Pages out of the WEB-INF and META-INF Directories.

       *  MBSB01-15: Patch Available for revealing Source
            Code when Accessing a JSP as myjsp%00 or myjs%2570
            via the JWS or IIS

       *  MPSB01-16: Patch Available for Retrieval of File
            Content with an HTTP GET under Certain Conditions

       *  MPSB01-17: Patch Available for File System Traversal
            Issue with JRun Web Server on Windows platforms

       *  MPSB01-18: Patch Available for Unnecessary Appending
            of jsessionid in URL (URL Rewriting)

    We have also updated the following existing Macromedia
    SECURITY BULLETINS:

       *  MPSB01-09: JRun 3.1, JRun 3.0 ::$DATA Vulnerability
            (a.k.a. JSP view source vulnerability)

       *  MPSB01-10: Patch Available for Duplicate Session IDs Issue

    Please note: One patch applies to all of the above security
    bulletins. When you download the patch from one bulletin, it
    will contain fixes for the issues in all of the above listed
    bulletins.

    As a Web application platform vendor, one of our highest
    concerns is the security of the systems our customers
    deploy. We understand how important security is to our
    customers, and we're committed to providing the technology
    and information customers need to build secure Web
    applications.

    ~~~~~~~
    Thank you for your time and consideration on this issue.

    Security Response Team,
    Macromedia, Inc.

    ~~~~
    P.S.  As a reminder, Macromedia has set up the following
    e-mail address that customers can use to report security
    issues associated with any Macromedia product:

    [mailto:secureat_private]

    ANY INFORMATION, PATCHES, DOWNLOADS, WORKAROUNDS OR FIXES
    PROVIDED BY MACROMEDIA IN THIS BULLETIN IS PROVIDED "AS IS"
    WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MACROMEDIA AND ITS SUPPLIERS
    DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OR
    OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
    FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALSO, THERE IS NO
    WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OR QUIET ENJOYMENT.
    (USA ONLY) SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF
    IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY
    TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL MACROMEDIA, INC. OR ITS SUPPLIERS
    BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT
    LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL,
    SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, COVER, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS
    INTERRUPTION OR THE LIKE, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS DAMAGES,
    BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY INCLUDING BREACH OF
    CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE),
    PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MACROMEDIA, INC.
    OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR THEIR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED
    OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (USA ONLY) SOME STATES
    DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR
    CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION
    OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
    OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.