Re: SPAMMERS DELIGHT: as feeble as feeble can be

From: Gert-Jan Hagenaars (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 19:33:48 PST

    Apparently, http-equivat_private wrote:
    % Monday, December 10, 2001
    %
    % Forget about open relays. There is an extremely simple mailto form
    % application called mailto.exe available on the internet. Simply create your
    % html form, upload the mailto.exe into your cgi bin and fire away.

    It might help to observe (if this is indeed the same thing I've seen
    appear about a month ago) that all mails that get sent this way all have
    the same first line in the mail body.

    	"Below is the result of your feedback form.  It was submitted by"

    so fortunately it's fairly easy to filter these out on the mail server.

    CHeers,
    Gert-Jan.

    --
    sed '/^[when][coders]/!d         G.J.W. Hagenaars -- gj at hagenaars dot com