Re: IE https certificate attack

From: Dimitris Giannitsaros (daremonat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 12:20:12 PST

    I use IE 5.00.3315.1000 / Win2k Pro SP2 and no other patches. I am not
    vulnerable: IE correctly displays the warning ("Security Alert") saying that
    "The name on the security certificate does not match the name of the site"
    and asking whether i want to continue. From this message i can also choose
    "View Certificate" where i see that it is published for ssl-ematters.de and
    not suspekt.org...

    Dimitris