AIM addendum

From: Matt Conover (shokat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 10:17:26 PST

    Before I get too many more questions about these issues, let me clarify a
    few things:

    1. This vulnerable affects all AIM versions as far back as 4.3 (this is
    the farthest one back I've checked). I don't know if it affects the inline
    AIM used with Netscape. If it supports game requests, probably. Otherwise,
    it won't.

    2. A temporary solution to this vulnerability is:
       1. Go to your Preferences
       2. Go to the Privacy section
       3. Click "Allow only users on my Buddy List" under "who can contact me"

    This will disable the vulnerability because you will appear signed off to
    anyone not in your buddy 3.

    3. The libfaim I used is the latest available from
    http://jgo.local.net/libfaim. Look at the Makefile in
    http://www.w00w00.org/files/w00aimexp/Makefile. I didn't find it necessary
    to change anything to build. Once libfaim is installed, reference the
    libfaim headers files by -I/path/to/headers (probably
    /usr/local/include/faim).