Re: AIM addendum

From: Paul Schmehl (paulsat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 11:42:08 PST

    The temporary solution you provide would only protect you so long as all
    the buddies on your list were not compromised.  As soon as one buddy is
    compromised, then you are vulnerable *through* that buddy.  Or am I not
    clearly understanding this exploit?

    --On Wednesday, January 02, 2002 9:17 PM +0300 Matt Conover
    <shokat_private> wrote:

    > 2. A temporary solution to this vulnerability is:
    >    1. Go to your Preferences
    >    2. Go to the Privacy section
    >    3. Click "Allow only users on my Buddy List" under "who can contact me"
    >
    > This will disable the vulnerability because you will appear signed off to
    > anyone not in your buddy 3.

    Paul Schmehl (paulsat_private)
    Supervisor of Support Services
    The University of Texas at Dallas