MiraMail 1.04 can give POP account access and details

From: Chris Lathem (clathemat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 13:45:42 PST

    Released: January 9, 2002
    Discovered: January 3, 2002 by Chris Lathem
    chrisat_private

    Program Overview: MiraMail is a fairly new program
    to the market, and is intended to be used as a news
    server.  It is developed and maintained by Nevrona
    Designs. For more information please see
    www.nevrona.com/miramail. The problem in MiraMail
    lies in the way it stores its variables: Everything is
    stored in an ".ini" file in plain text. This includes POP
    account usernames and passwords. This is not
    limited to the POP accounts either. The user
    accounts and groups are also stored in the same file,
    all in plain text. Any user with access to the directory
    in which MiraMail is installed can potentially "snoop"
    the file for accounts and passwords, or could add
    additional users or groups with ease.

    acknowledged the problem. According to the vendor,
    the next version to be released (1.05) will encrypt
    the .ini file with md5 encryption, and will be released
    in the next couple of weeks.

    Cheers,
    Chris Lathem
    chrisat_private
    http://www.lathemonline.com
    Please be nice to me, this is my first post.
    =~]