Legato Vulnerable

From: Venkatesh babu Sira (vsiraat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 10:00:00 PST

    Scenario is Legato Networker with one drive as NDMP to Backup Netapp.
    When u start the group to backup Netapp using NDMP drive ,in
    /nsr/logs/daemon.log it writes all the info including username &
    passwd(clear text) for NetApp (usually it will root )
    As any one can read this file ,so that he can mess up NetApp.
    I Moved /nsr dir & stop & restarted Networker ,it will recreate /nsr dir
    with 755 perm.
    This is seriously vulnerable to NetApp.
    I masked few variables from my log file.
    Solaris7, Networker 6.1 & NetApp  DataONTAP 6.0.3.

    Ex:
    01/08/02 10:20:40 nsrd: savegroup info: starting netapp (with 1 client(s))
         application information: HIST=y;
                      auth index: netapp;
           auth index name space: backup, 1;
                      auth level: full;