address.com: email vulnerability

From: wannabe anonymousplease (i_wanna_be_anonymousat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 18:52:31 PST

    www.address.com has a vulnerability that allows
    reading the email of other users. address.com offers,
    among other things, free email (similar to
    hotmail.com).

    However, the registration allows you to overwrite
    existing accounts. If it does, the password is
    overwritten, and the new user takes
    control of the account (the former user will no longer
    know the password).

    However, the emails of the former user remain. In
    attempting to ask address.com to look into this issue,
    I was told they couldn't help because I wasn't a
    premium member.