Razor warning (SPAM/UBE/UCE)

From: Tom Micklovitch (h_bugtraqat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 05:55:28 PST

    Don't know if this is a known issue, but I've
    certainy not seen it before;

    name an exe of your choice to "file.html

                                           .exe"

    (use ASCII character 255 instead of the spaces
    above)

    Look at the file on any view in Windows Explorer
    and all you can see is "file.html" - even if you
    try to rename the file, you'll still only see
    file.html because the .exe part is below the line
    of erm... shit. hard to explain, play about and
    you'll see what I mean.

    I'm sure you could use this to spoof the name in
    the download box of MSIE. (I've benn playing
    about with naming the file www.something.com (to
    the user it looks like a web address, but in
    actual fact it's a executable .com))

    =====