Re: uucp --config patch -- not sufficient

From: zen-parse (zen-parseat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 00:38:54 PST

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Charles 'core' Stevenson wrote:

    > On debian the uucp and uux binaries are owned by the uucp user. ...

    On OpenBSD it is (was?) even easier (assuming uucp is installed.) The
    daily cron job would uustat as root, which also belonged to uucp.

    Some more information: There is apparently an official patch on the way.

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Ian Lance Taylor <ianat_private> wrote:

    > I'm working on a new release to correct the security problem, although
    > it will probably take me a couple of weeks to get everything
    > organized.

    -- zen-parse

    PS: Something I've learned from this: Try contact the program creator as
    well as vendors with problems, if possible. It might've got this sorted
    out a bit better.

    1) If this message was posted to a public forum by zen-parseat_private, it
    may be redistributed without modification.
    2) In any other case the contents of this message is confidential and not
    to be distributed in any form without express permission from the author.
    This document may contain Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information.