Full path disclosure vulnerabilty in Sun's Web site

From: J_Bourdeauat_private
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 13:02:31 PST

    Hi,

    at three time, I sent a message to Sun's web team about
    a full path disclosure vulnerability they have in their
    website, but withtout any acknowledge or correction of
    it.

    Sun's website use .jhtml files. The Java engine computing
    these pages do not handle errors properly and return the
    full path of the web server when you request a non-existent
    file.

    -->
    http://store.sun.com/demo.jhtm
    <--

    Will return this :

    -->
    Error getting compiled page

    Can't read source file: /eSunfe1/util/sunstore/SSDynamo/html/demo.jhtm
    <--

    I received this error message a first time when I did a typo
    in the URL I was looking for. Requesting a non-existent
    file not managed by the Java engine, so handled by the
    HTTP daemon, will not disclose these informations.

    (http://store.sun.com/demo.jpg)

    Hope Sun will correct this in both their web sites and
    their Java engine (they surely use their own tools for
    that !)

    Jacques Bourdeau