Re: [VulnWatch] sastcpd Buffer Overflow and Format String Vulnerabilities

From: William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) (wcolburnat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 09:54:57 PST

    I installed SAS without any suid bits May of 2000, and no one has
    complained about anything not working.  Removing the suid bit probably
    won't hurt anything.

    Also, my version is 8.00 and seems only to have the format string
    problem, not the buffer overflow.

    --
    William Colburn, "Sysprog" <wcolburnat_private>
    Computer Center, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology