Published Report of Vulnerability in Lucent VitalSuite Software

From: Richard Hafner (rhafnerat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 13:25:41 PST

    Several Lucent VitalSuite Customers have advised us that data published by
    Security Focus and DefenseOne Command Center (which we believe is operated
    by the Meta Security Group) indicates that certain Lucent VitalSuite
    software products contain a security vulnerability.

    We have analyzed that information and provided a software patch that we
    believe will assist customers in addressing this issue; we also prepared the
    attached Security Bulletin to advise them of Lucent recommendations and
    actions we have taken.

    Since we believe you are also communicating with our customers on this
    matter, we have provided you a copy of the same bulletin.

    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

    Richard Hafner
    Lucent Technologies
    VitalNet PM
    VitalSoft Division