Re: NetScreen Response to ScreenOS Port Scan DoS Vulnerability

From: Chris Lathem (clathemat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 21:18:08 PST

    NetScreen was notified of the problem via their call
    system on January 24, 2002, not February 1. I posted
    to BugTraq only after having a "confirmed solution"
    from NetScreen Support.

    I posted my original discussion only to bugtraq;
    apparently the information made a BIG circle and in a
    matter of hours was spread elsewhere.

    I would like to take the time to thank the guys at
    NetScreen for a quick response on this issue, as well
    as immediately having a solution available. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Chris Lathem
    chrisat_private