Re: Infecting the KaZaA network?

From: the Pull (osioniusxat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 21:44:21 PST

    It is standard in p2p software that uses distributed
    downloading to use cryptographic hashes (Swarmcast,
    bittorrent, MojoNation, etc)... largely to prevent
    such things.

    I don't see any mention of "hash" on their site:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.kazaa.com+hash&hl=en

    But, it would be ludicrous if they didn't.

    --- Andrew McClymont <andrewmcclymont@d-link.net>