Re: Deanonymizing SafeWeb Users

From: Alexander K. Yezhov (adminat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 10:04:35 PST

    Following upon the letter of Tuesday, February 12, 2002:

    DM> Although  SafeWeb's  Web  anonymizing  service  has been shut down
    DM> since  December,  they claimed it was the "most widely used online
    DM> privacy service in the world".

    I  don't  know  who  is  using the SafeWeb engine now, but before this
    service  was  closed  I've  had a chance to make sure that it fails to
    catch object manipulations. Tested with simple script:

    myObj=new Object(window);
    myObj.myMethod = open;
    myObj.myMethod('http://tools-on.net');

    Best regards, Alexander

             MCP+I, MCSE on Windows NT 4, MCSE on Windows 2000
      http://leader.ru http://tools-on.net (Security & Privacy on the Net)