SNMP test suite vs. Motorola SB4100 cable modem

From: Powers, James L. (JLPowersat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 18:38:51 PST

    My Motorola SB4100 handled the SNMP test suite well up until test-case 900,
    upon which it locked up completely.

    I had to disconnect and reconnect the power cord to bring it back online.  I
    haven't tried the rest of the suite yet.

    To my cable company's credit, they recently restricted SNMP access across
    the subnet my cable modem resides in.  It appears you can only send SNMP
    packets to your own modem.  This was not the case late last year.

    NT4's SNMP service crashes around test-case 2358.  The SNMP service in Win9x
    crashes slightly sooner.  Neither was as impressive as the cable modem.  :)