RE: Why is Microsoft watching us watch DVD movies?

From: Russ (Russ.Cooperat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 13:41:38 PST

    Marc said;
    >Therefore it smells like they are doing it for their own statistics
    >which I don't think is just, especially because the user cannot turn
    this
    >behaviour off,   It should be the choice of the user, and it should be
    >turned off per default.

    I think you can effectively disable this simply by adding
    windowsmedia.com to your Restricted Sites zone in IE. I'd also add
    IEChannelGuide.com just for the heck of it. You can eliminate cookies
    with these sites through the Privacy Tab in IE 6.0 and the Edit button
    (which lets you establish cookie policy by site).

    Cheers,
    Russ - NTBugtraq Editor