RE: Open Bulletin Board javascript bug.

From: Nate Pinchot (npinchotat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 06:07:00 PST

    >   OpenBB is free php-based forum.
    >
    >   Exploit:
    >   [img]javasCript:alert('Hello world.')[/img]
    >
    >   Vulnerable systems:
    >   All versions of Open Bulletin Board including v.1.0.0
    >
    >   Immune systems:
    >   None
    >
    >   Solution:
    >   All url's in [img] tags should start with "http://"

    I had actually informed them about this bug a long time ago and
    they informed me they were working on a patch. This was 2 months
    ago. Since you posted this to bugtraq they finally released a patch.
    The patch can be found here:
    http://community.iansoft.net/read.php?TID=5159

    For any who care about the technical details of the patch,  they did
    NOT filter [img] tags so that they start with http:// as suggested. They
    filtered javascript: and some other hex codes. Chances are it is still
    vulnerable, and I informed them of this, they don't seem to care.