Hotline Client Plain password vuln.

From: Rense Buijen (Rense.Buijen@dct-mail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 00:33:51 PST

    Hello,

    I am using Hotline Client 1.8.5 from Hotline Communications Ltd on a
    windows XP platform. In this client you have the options to save
    bookmarks so you can easily connect to your sites.  When I was looking
    around in the "Bookmarks" dir (program files\hotline communications ltd)
    I saw that the bookmarks store your login, password and host in
    plaintext although it is a binary file. Has this been mentioned before?
    Is this normal or just a flaw from the creators?

    Cheers,

    Rens