iBuySpy store hole

From: Tom Gilder (tomat_private)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 04:27:52 PST

    OK, not exactly a real hole as it's just an example site - but on
    Microsoft's example .NET store at http://www.ibuyspystore.com/
    (developed by Vertigo Software), it is easily possible to view other
    people's orders.

    Simply login to the site as anything, and browse to
    http://www.ibuyspystore.com/orderdetails.aspx?OrderID=8000 - that's
    one of my (very expensive) orders. Change the OrderID parameter to
    view other orders. As this is a site for spies, I doubt they'd be too
    happy about anyone being able to view what they ordered...

    MS have encouraged developers to view and copy the code for their own
    projects, so this is worth pointing out if anyone is using the code as
    a base.

    This needs a simple check to see if the logged in user was the person
    who originally placed the order.

    More information about iBuySpy is available at
    http://www.asp.net/default.aspx?tabindex=3&tabid=42

    --
    Tom Gilder
    tomat_private