Re: [VulnWatch] IMail Account hijack through the Web Interface

From: Zillion (zillionat_private)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 20:11:43 PST

    Hi all,

    I think this was already covered for Imail 7.04 in the following
    advisory:

    http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/bugtraq/2001/10/msg00082.html

    The workaround given by Ipswitch was:

    Turn off the "ignore source address in security check" option. This isn't
    a bullet proof workaround (think of proxies,nat etc) but can help to
    prevent abuse of this issue.

    zillion