Oracle9i TSN DoS Attack

From: Andrey Gordienko (redat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 02:54:07 PST

    name            : Oracle
    date            : 28/3/2002
    description     : Oracle9i TSN DoS Attack
    severity        : High risk
    homepage        : www.oracle.com
    versions        : 9.0.1.1 (another version may be too)
    Bug description :
    For crash Oracle9i you need sent ONE TCP packet
    (#$00 = 1 byte) to 1521 port and you can fogot about
    Oracle (CPU - 100%).You cant connect. For connect
    to server you need restart TSNLISTEN.For use
    expolit You DONT NEED Oracle client or any Oracle
    dlls.
    Solution: We sent message to oracle but we didnt
    have answer
    P.S. you can download win32 expolit from
    www.safety-lab.com (ShadowDoSAnalyzer)

    Safety-Lab www.safety-lab.com
    RedShadow and Melcosoft