Re: Oracle9i TSN DoS Attack

From: Lucien Fransman (l_fransmanat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 05:38:15 PST

    Hi.

    I was wondering if the issue with the TNS listener you mention is the same
    that has been reported in April 22, 2001 to this mailinglist ( see
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bugtraq&m=98770470120424&w=2 for details)
    (which is BTW the same as the vulnerability mentioned in this
    (http://otn.oracle.com/deploy/security/pdf/listener_alert.pdf )Oracle
    advisory AFAIK).

    I dont have access to a Oracle test database ATM, so if you would be so kind
    to confirm or deny this, I would be very gratefull.

    BTW, as this appered in Oracle 8 and prior versions, Oracle Corp has not
    done their homework very well with newer releases :)

    With Kind Regards,

    Enchanter_tim