Amazon.com Password limit

From: Vishal Ganeriwala (gvishalat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 19:24:13 PDT

    I found out something in amazon.com  . I made a
    new account
    username : 1abcat_private
    password 12345678
    and tried to login  with
    pasword : 12345678anything
    password: 1234567899999999
    it lets me login . That means max password lenght
    for amazon is 8 chars  . It truncts everything after 8
    chars. and Amazon doesn't tell you to choose
    password of maximum 8 chars .  I dont know security
    implications . But the information is useful if one is
    trying to bruteforce a account since he knows max
    password lenght is 8 char .

    Vishal .