答复: An alternative method to check LKM bakdoor/rootki

From: Wang Jian (larkat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 19:59:46 PDT

    If the file integrit check reveals that the boot loader is tweaked, the LKM
    loses the game in the first place, other tricks are just futile. Rewrite boot sector
    to a correct one will be enough for recovery.

    If it hide the hacked boot loader, then my code can reveal it unless it also
    intercept the raw disk io layer.

    This specific example is very simple to check and overcome. If you want to:

    1. swapoff this device
    2. dump it to a file
    3. format it again
    4. swapon it

    The LKMs can only continue the game by intercepting raw disk io.

    > Using this approach, the modified kernel image can be made completely
    > invisible easily, and it still survives reboot.  Such a modification
    > is very hard to spot even during an offline analysis, and the
    > checklists I've seen so far do not address this problem at all.
    >
    > --
    > Florian Weimer 	                  Weimerat_private-Stuttgart.DE
    > University of Stuttgart
    http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/
    RUS-CERT                          +49-711-685-5973/fax +49-711-685-5898