Cross Site Scripting. Many Sites Vulnerable.

From: InterWN Labs (interwnat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 21:07:05 PDT

    Hello all.

    I think its been made very clear that cross site
    scripting is a problem to most of us that read
    bugtraq, but it seems that many high profile
    companies, even tech ones, have forgotten
    that it can be a serious issue.

    I have posted a .txt file on my website that simply
    shows many example links to vulnerable sites
    that allow java script execution.

    A small list of the sites:

    Midway, Corel, NYTimes.com,
    AOL, Real Networks, Cisco, IBM,
    Oracle, Akamai, FedEx, FoxNews
    Lycos.com (angelfire and tripod),
    Geocities, Netcraft, and Sourceforge.

    www.whitehouse.gov and www.nipc.gov
    are included in the list.

    A brief paper will be written soon outlining CSS
    vulns and how to spot and fix them. Hope this is
    useful.

    The list can be found at:
    www.interwn.nl/release/cssvulns.txt

    philer