ATMSNMPD Vulnerable but not Addressed

From: Coppage, Ross (CoppageRat_private)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 11:10:32 PDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Coppage, Ross
    Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 1:08 PM
    To: 'Emre Yildirim'
    Subject: RE: ATMSNMPD Vulnerable but not Addressed

    Emre, Sun responded to me acknowledging that they are investigating problems
    with the ATMSNMPD.  It is classified as "under investigation" So far they
    only mention the ability to kill the DAEMON remotely with malformed packets
    constituting a DOS.  Im sure there is more to come.  Still not publicly
    released..

    Thanks for your response!

    Ross