Re: [VulnWatch] 5 bugs

From: Kurt Seifried (kurtat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 23:31:51 PDT

    From: "D4rkGr3y" <grey_1999at_private>
    To: <bugtraqat_private>; <vulnwatchat_private>
    Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 12:35 PM
    Subject: [VulnWatch] 5 bugs

    > 5. KDE v.3.*
    > Buffer overflow in file kdeCMD.
    > Exploits:
    > ./kdeCMD -f [129b] - system crash
    > ./kdeCMD -f [128b] + [shellcode] - local root
    > Bug exists in all versions, that have file "kdeCMD" (not all versions
    > have this file).

    Where does this kdeCMD come from? No mention on google. No mention on
    kde.org. the 3.0.2 sourcecode tarballs contain no files named kdecmd (upper
    or
    lower), grepping all the source code for kdecmd (using case insensitive)
    returns
    nothing. I can only conclude you have a customized version of KDE, some
    strange modifications on your end or this is a hoax of some sort (?!?).

    Can anyone from KDE comment? Was this removed in 3.0.2? Is it some specific
    vendor addition?

    Kurt Seifried, kurtat_private
    A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
    AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574