Re: Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability in VanDyke SecureCRT 3.4 & 4.0 beta

From: kelli burkinshaw (kelli.burkinshawat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 14:14:01 PDT

    Hello Kyuzo,

    This is the first VanDyke Software has heard of the problem you
    reported.  We take these issues seriously--making fixes available
    to our customers as soon as possible.  We have identified the area
    of code where the problem exists and will be posting fixes for both
    SecureCRT 3.4 and 4.0 to our website (www.vandyke.com) as soon as
    possible.

    It should also be noted that this problem is specific to SSH1 and
    does not happen when SSH2 is selected as the protocol from SecureCRT.

    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  For future reports,
    feel free to send them directly to VanDyke Software
    (supportat_private).

    kelli burkinshaw
    Product Director
    VanDyke Software