[Full-Disclosure] Re: it's all about timing

From: Adam Megacz (adamat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 23:32:19 PDT

    Florin Andrei <florinat_private> writes:
    > V is right, because not being warned in advance, their customers are
    > left to the mercy of script kiddies.

    The resasonable conclusion here is that V should be suing the script
    kiddies, not H.

    > If H is going to publish the exploit without early warning, i'll say
    > V has all the rights in the world to sue the crap out of H, and put
    > him(her) in jail for one thousand years, and i'll applaud that.

    Outlawing the distribution of knowledge is a slippery slope.  I don't
    want to go back to the bad old days when "terorrists might use it to
    coordinate attacks" was a valid excuse for not letting me use/export
    pgp and ssh.

    Premature disclosure is bad in the same way that cheating on one's
    spouse is bad -- it's undoubtedly a horrible, evil thing to do, but
    it's not something that the government should be in the business of
    locking people up for.

      - a

    --
    Sick of HTML user interfaces?