Re: IE bug not fixed - update

From: Sanford Olson (sanfordat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 17:52:04 PDT

    Brian,

    You probably have multiple versions of MSXML on your system.  You need to
    patch each one independently.

    From the FAQ part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-008....
    "MSXML is installed as a .dll in the system32 subdirectory of the Windows
    operating system directory. On most systems, this will likely be c:\windows
    or c:\winnt. If you have any or all of the following files in the system32
    directory, then you need to apply the appropriate patch or patches:

      a.. MSXML2.DLL
      b.. MSXML3.DLL
      c.. MSXML4.DLL
    There is a separate patch for each of the DLLs listed above. If you only
    have MSXML.DLL then you do not need to apply a patch because this is an
    earlier, unaffected version."