Re: nidump on OS X

From: Jason A. Fager (fagerjat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 09:38:24 PDT

    On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 02:28:48PM -0700, Dale Harris wrote:

    > However Apple hasn't seemed to bother addressing it yet since it
    > still persists in OS X.2 (Jaguar).  You'd think they might have
    > taken the opportunity to fix this problem with a new major release.

    My understanding is that Apple is dumping NetInfo in favor of Open
    Directory (which is based on LDAP).  Hopefully they have proper
    access-control mechanisms built into that.  I can understand their
    unwillingness to spend time fixing a subsystem that is going away
    soon.

    Does Mac OS X Server exhibit the same behavior?  Maybe the XServe
    argument is a moot point.

    jafager