Re: IBM Infoprint Remote Management Simple DoS

From: Fredrik Björk (Fredrik.Bjork.Listat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 04:19:41 PST

    Hi!

    InfoPrint 32 (model 4332-002) with printer software version 2.55F, network
    software version 7.34, PCL version 1.4.7, Postscript version 4.25 and PJL
    version 1.4.7, is not vulnerable. At the login prompt, you cannot input
    more than 26 characters. As always, the software revision is very important
    when reporting this kind of vulnerabilities. The printers are not from the
    same product line, but InfoPrint 70 is the faster sibling of IP21 and might
    be vulnerable.

    Here are updates for the printer (some as late as September 2002):
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/search.wss?rs=95&apar=exclude&tc=SRJSN6&dc=D400
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=95&context=SRJSN6&uid=psd1P4000085
    http://www.printers.ibm.com/R5PSC.NSF/web/npmwin4

    /Fredrik